16. Teams applying to participate in any League season must complete and return their registration forms to be received by the League Secretary by the deadline stated on the registration form. This is to allow sufficient time to formulate Divisions, create fixtures and print relevant documentation for distribution.
17. New Teams must start in the lowest Division.
18. Teams must register a squad comprising a minimum of 8 players and a maximum of 12 players at any one time. For each registered player, Teams must provide the first name and surname on the registration form.
19. To be eligible to participate in the League, a registered player on any Team must be alive and, where a club’s rules require, a bona fide member of the club he/she represents. Registered players must be at least 14 years of age at the time of registration.
20. Additional restrictions apply in some clubs (outside League rules), such as ’minimum 18 years of age’ or ‘men only’. Captains must ensure that they are aware of these restrictions when considering their playing team selection.
21. The League registration fee for each team is £40.
22. Individuals, doubles pairings and teams must apply to participate in Singles, Doubles and Team Knockout Competitions on the registration form and according to the same timeframe as per rule 16. Teams must include any additional fees for these competitions along with the League registration fee.
23. Prior to the commencement of a season’s League matches, and within the first two weeks of the season, Teams can make amendments to their player registrations without incurring additional fees, provided that they are in accordance with rule 18.
24. From the Monday of the third week of the season, Teams can make late amendments to their player registrations. Any such late registrations incur a £2 fee which Teams must pay before the player can play.
25. Teams can make no further late registrations after half the season’s League matches have been played unless the Committee considers the circumstances exceptional and gives written permission.
26. A player must not play for more than one Team in one season unless the Committee considers the circumstances exceptional and gives written permission.